AVS launched the "Leadership Bauhinia Volunteer Award" in 2011 to recognize those professionals and senior executives that had made outstanding contribution and achievements in volunteering with their professional skills, performed remarkably and set role models for others to serve the community.
Candidates for the "Leadership Bauhinia Volunteer Award" were nominated by the member organizations of Hong Kong Council of Volunteering. They had won the Gold Award under the "Professional Volunteer Service Accreditation Programme" jointly organized by the Hong Kong Council of Volunteering, AVS and its respective organization, and had devoted 200 hours of service or more in the past 2 years.
1. A nominee should contribute distinguished volunteer service with
professional knowledge/skills in any of the following
- environmental conservation
- care for the elderly
- youth development
- care for the disadvantaged groups, mentally, physically or socially
- promoting universal values, e.g. human dignity, equality, liberty, etc
- promoting peace or social harmony
2. Proven leadership in volunteering or in promoting volunteerism as a volunteer
3. Ready to offer himself for promoting volunteering in his own affiliated organization or
4. Proactively or independently involved himself in volunteering
The 1st Leadership Bauhinia Volunteer Awardees Dr Michael Li (1st from left) , Mr Lam Chi-sing (2nd from left) , Ms Anna Kwong (2nd from right) and Mr Joseph Kwan (1st from right)
The 2nd Leadership Bauhinia Volunteer Awardees Dr Chong Yiu Kwong (1st from left, back row) , Ms. Chan Nga Yin (2nd from left, back row) , and Ms. Eva Yeung (3rd from right, back row)
The 3rd Leadership Bauhinia Volunteer Awardees Ir Ringo Yu(3rd from left), Ir Madison Tang (4th from left) , Ms Queenie Kwan (5th from left) and Mr Nicholas Chan, MH (6th from left)