This programme aims to advocate volunteers' continuous and progressive learning and boost their commitment and aspiration of helping others. Volunteers' advancement has always been a major emphasis of AVS. The programme adopts an intensive and progressive training mode to train up and equip volunteers with the concepts of "Cognitive", "Affective" and "Experiential"; to sustain their motivation and commitment; to promote the quality of services; and ultimately to bring utmost benefits to the community. The scheme provides training in the three aspects at different levels, namely basic, skills and advanced levels.
Definition of the VQ concept
- VQ：Volunteer Quotient
- VQ：Volunteer Quality
- VQ is a concept of promoting "Volunteer Quotient towards Volunteer Quality". This pioneer training programme train up volunteers with the elements of volunteer quotient in a progressive way.
VQ Concept Framework
- through the systematic training mode to train up volunteers for more confidence and higher quality
- through the progressive training mode to promote the sustainability of volunteer participation
- Diversified training courses
- Integration of learning and practice
- Progressive training mode
- Individual training record system
- Recognition system for accreditation
- Having a will to provide volunteer service and to upgrade the quality of volunteering
- Participant will be granted with a Certificate after completion of the training course.
This service is supported by The Community Chest