A. Terms and Conditions of Use
1. This website is owned and operated by Agency for Volunteer Service (AVS). If you are accessing this website, it represents you accept these Terms and Conditions of Use and to be legally bounded. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not access the website.
2. AVS reserves the right to change, add to or delete these Terms and Conditions of Use, amend or remove materials from this website or alter the presentation, substance or functionality of this website at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Your use of the website after such changes are made constitutes your agreement to the modified Terms and Conditions of Use. You are therefore advised to check the Terms and Conditions of Use each time before you access the website.
3. Visitors who download, print, make copies of, reproduce and/or distribute the content found on this website shall comply with the following conditions:
- Acknowledgement must be given to the “Agency for Volunteer Service (https://www.avs.org.hk)” in your material displaying the content found on this website (Material);
- AVS must be acknowledged as the copyright owner of such content in your Material;
- It must be stated in your Material that such content shall not be used for any restricted purposes; and
- The content must be reproduced accurately and must not be used in a misleading context or in any manner adversely affecting the rights of AVS.
4. You are permitted to build hyperlink to this website by surface linking provided that your website shall not present the content of this website as your own, or otherwise misrepresent the content of this website, or misinform any users about the origin or ownership of the content of this website.
5. AVS does not permit a website to build hyperlink to this website if it contains any material which is libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or is in any way in breach of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or infringes any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright) or moral rights. AVS may, in its sole discretion, require any websites to remove any hyperlink to this website at any time.
6. For requisition of our agreement/approval for use of our content and picture, please email email@example.com.
7. No personal data will be captured if you are only browsing this website, unless you communicate with us by e-mail or apply/enroll/register for our service/project/training. Your personal data thus collected will be stored and managed in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong SAR and our related policy. Your personal data may only be shared with other parties on a need basis in order to process to your application/registration.
9. To facilitate your access to information provided by or via other parties, this website may provide or assist in providing links to external websites through its pages. Provision of, or assistance in providing these links gives rise to no statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, that AVS agrees or does not disagree with the contents of any such external sites. AVS has made every reasonable effort to ensure the contents in this website are obtained from reliable sources. It shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results through the use of such contents. You agree to use any information, contents and hyperlinks accessed or obtained through the website at your own risks. AVS does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty as to accuracy, completeness, reliability and timeliness of this website and its contents.
10. Embedded content (including embedded images, audio and video content and text) on this website that is identified with social media such as Facebook, YouTube and Instagram are embedded from third party hosted sites. Embedded content may be used or linked to only in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of the location imposed by the owner. You are liable for any consequences of failure to comply with those license terms.
11. AVS therefore shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damage or for damages for loss arising out of any use of, access to, inability to use the website suffered by users when they access this website.
E. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong SAR.
In case there is any discrepancy between the Chinese version and the English version of these Terms and Conditions of Use, the Chinese version shall prevail.