Registered Social Worker / Senior Officer (Elderly Service) [Reference no: RSW/ SO(WGE)]
Operated by Agency for Volunteer Service and with subvention from Social Welfare Department, the Western Garden Neighbourhood Elderly Centre provides a variety of high-quality services for the elderly, their carers, and the wider community of the Central and Western District. It strives to promote well-being of the elderly and strengthen support networks for them, as well as to realize “aging-in-place” objective.
- Assist the Elderly Services Manager to oversee and support the operation of the Western Garden Neighborhood Elderly Center such that its services meet the performance targets agreed with the funding bodies
- To deputize the Elderly Services Manager in his or her absence
- To design, organize, deliver and monitor dementia-related and carer support services, as well as public education programmes.
- To effectively handle counselling cases
- To organize and lead elderly volunteer teams to promote active aging and enhance well-being
- To liaise and network with fellow NGOs, local community and other stakeholders to promote the goal of the centre and Agency.
- To support Agency-level programmes, projects and activities
- Registered Social Worker with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Degree holder or above
- Good command of Chinese and English (including Putonghua)
- Proficient in I.T. applications including Windows, MS Office, Internet, Digital Media
- Good team player and strong communication skills
- Caring for the elderly and independent with strong sense of responsibility
- Experience in elderly service, accredited assessor of MDS-HC preferable
Working Hours: 5 days a week; require performing duties off-site, during public holidays, and working overtime (compensatory leave available)
Location: Sai Ying Pun
Contract Period: two years (renewable, subject to performance)
*Fringe benefits include paid annual leave, hospitalization insurance, outpatient medical and training subsidies.
Project Officer 項目主任【Ref︰PO(SP)】
- Good opportunity for career development
- A friendly and nice working environment in a co-working space
- Fresh graduates are welcome
- Providing support in event organizing
- Prepare and produce various corporate communication materials including proposals, speeches, publications, social media content, and promotional materials for public awareness and fundraising purposes
- Support partnership projects with the NGOs and corporate partners
- Keep a systematic filing system and regularly update and maintain the database etc
- Compile and write regular reports
- Assist in the development of the partnership program and maintain relationships with external parties
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as assigned
- University graduate in Business Administration / Communications/ Language or related Arts disciplines with 2 years of solid working experience; Experience in voluntary work and coordinating activities is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude, highly motivated, able to work independently and excellent problem-solving skills;
- Presentable and display a mature personality with analytical thinking, good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Innovative, diligent, self-motivated, good team player, able to work independently under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua;
- Good team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to work overtime & outside normal office hours (if necessary);
- Experience in social service, volunteer management or event and project organizing is an advantage.
- Immediate availability is preferred
Working Location: Wan Chai
We offer a 2-year contract with 5-day week & competitive remuneration to the right candidate. Interested parties please email your full resume with present & expected salary and available date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Information provided will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and will be destroyed after completion of the recruitment process.)